Activity Weekend & Cadets – Additional Information
The main schedule for the forthcoming Activity Weekend can be found here, but please note the following additional information about this and Cadets, courtesy of Ben Peden at WAFA:
1. Refereeing. Steven Lim will host a refereeing workshop for all those volunteering to help out with the refereeing at cadets. This will be held from 1pm Saturday at the Activity Day, Excalibur Fencing Club, Annie St, South Fremantle. While it is not compulsory, it will be useful for those wanting to gain confidence in their skills and receive some accurate information on the application of new rules (eg. passivity);
2. Scoring and timekeeping. Mike Middleton will also be running a training session for scoring and timekeeping at the Activities day.
3. Weapons check. George Osgood will be at the Activity day on Saturday to help with equipment maintenance and to prepare for weapons checks for cadets.
4. Cadet entries. Don’t forget that entries close THIS SUNDAY. Entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: ENTRIES ARE $65 (many people are paying too little as forms are out of date on website).
5. Cadet camps. All cadet fencers are invited to Excalibur Fencing Club for the next few Friday evenings (6:30pm this Friday 17 June). This is the final opportunity to increase your training intensity, meet your team mates, and work as a squad. All welcome. While this is non-compulsory, it is recommended that you come along. Remember to attend the Thursday combined squad sessions at UWA Claremont, and individual weapon sessions at Clubs also.
6. We are still keen to hear from more volunteers including potential referees. Please get in touch with any ex-fencers you know who might be willing to help out? Please e-mail Kay (email@example.com) or myself.
Any questions then give me a call on 0413 426 595.